There are many things that you must know in order to improve yourself in web design industry. You must know all the methods through which you can have a command over your work as a web designer.
1. A Tutorial a Day – Tutorials are one of the best tools to polish your skills. You can set your own goals, which you will finish, a particular task in some time and you can accomplish it within the time you have decided. This way you can learn a lot of things. There are many free and good content tutorials available these days on the internet, that you can follow them and learn a lot from them, just by sitting at your own home and surfing through your laptop.
2. Do What They Do – If you have anything favorite in your list, then go for it. Search for your favorite design and buttons, icons etc and try recreating them. You can use adobe Photoshop or HTML or PHP or any web development tool for sake of fun and from this you can create wonders from it. First you need to learn development and then you can go for the quality, which comes at the next level.
You can start it by redecorating your personal work space on your desktop, then you can share it in different communities and then you will be able to develop yourself more in this field. A web designer always needs motivation for recreation and showing something creative.
3. Books, Magazines, Interviews – You can get much value able and useful information through books and magazines. You can take a quick review of any book regularly and it will enrich you with many creative ideas.Addition of books in your book shelf means addition of knowledge in your brain and ideas. Reading interviews can also be helpful in learning a lot in your particular fields. Many web entrepreneurs share their views with others, which can help in motivating others.
4. Build Relationships – Relationship building is an important part in any business. Try to involve in conferences, events, seminars and workshops and interact with people more and more. When you increase the list of your contacts, it means you are increasing the business partners. Stay online and try to create a strong web presence.
5. Grab a Moleskine – When you start working on any web project, first try to write your ideas on a paper. It can help your project to go more smoothly and in an organized way. It also helps you to do brain storming and improve the level of your work and creativity.
6. Read Design Blogs – Blogs are everywhere and there is a huge audience of blogs these days regarding any topic of the world you could ever imagine. They give great ideas and insights and you can able to learn different opinions of others. Blogs are an interesting and inspirational source of motivation and it develops interest in making your work more creative.